10 Tips For A Better Memory
1. If you want to remember, slow down and pay attention to what you want to
remember. The number one cause of memory problems is lack of focus.
2. Say out loud what you want to remember. Don’t worry about people thinking
you are strange for talking to yourself. Saying something out loud fires
more brain cells and helps in the memory process.
3. Get 30 minutes of physical exercise at least 5 days a week. This helps
promote circulation to the brain and will benefit your heart as well.
4. Eat a portion-controlled, balanced diet.
5. Control your stress; worry less, laugh more.
6. Make sure to drink sufficient amounts of water each day.
7. Get sufficient amounts of Omega-3 fatty acids. Your brain is
approximately 60% fat and 40% water; fuel it with the right kind of fat.
The easiest way to accomplish this is to eat fish 3 times per week.
8. Lighten up; everyone forgets from time to time. Accept that you cannot
remember everything in this highly complex and fast-paced world.
9. Use visualization techniques if they work for you. The more outlandish
the visualization, the higher the likelihood that you will remember.
10. To remember pass codes, license plate numbers, credit card numbers,
telephone numbers, and/or important dates, create a story that links the
individual letters or numbers together.